Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bob Barker backs Rosie O'Donnell

According to CNN and The AP, Bob Barker endorsed his friend Rosie O'Donnell as a possible successor on "The Price Is Right," although the newly retired host isn't sure CBS wants a woman to take over the game show. "I believe they're going to have a meeting with Rosie," Barker said backstage Friday night at the Daytime Emmy Awards, where he won his 19th trophy. "She knows the show," he said. "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men."

Barker said his friendship with O'Donnell goes back several years, when she had him as a guest on her old daytime talk show. "She told me she loved 'The Price Is Right' and wanted to host it one day," he recalled. Among those mentioned as possible replacement hosts have been Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton and John O'Hurley.

Now if this happens the price will definitely be wrong. I will never again watch the show. Rosie will make the show about her and not about the games by trying to get attention by being controversial and saying not funny jokes in a loud an obnoxious way. Please, Please, CBS do not, do not choose Rosie to host one of the best game shows of all time, if that happened the show would be dead. When I think of a charming host such as Bob Barker the last person that comes to mind is Rosie O'Donnell.

No comments: