Saturday, August 18, 2007

Now Ronaldo whines about himself

Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't think he should have received a red card for his apparent violent actions on the pitch last week against Pompey. "Sir Alex Ferguson was quick to condemn any reaction from his players, Ronaldo refused to accept that the red card he was given was justified."

According to Ronaldo, "The replays show there was nothing, but I don't need to look at the pictures, because I know exactly what I did - and that's nothing to justify a red card. I was pushed in the area. He came straight to me, put his hand on my neck and I opened my arms in a 'that's enough' way. We pushed each other but nothing serious. We leaned heads against each other but that was all. Absolutely nothing else happened. When I saw the red card, I couldn't believe it, the situation was so surreal. And it's absurd because I'm aware that now I'll sit out a ban for something I didn't do. I feel dejected and very sad."

AWWWWWW, such a sad Ronaldo. However, after Ronaldo "protested his innocence" someone tapped him on the backside to get his attention and Ronaldo flopped to the ground and looked for a foul.

No comments: