Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dan Patrick Leaves ESPN

Peace out Danny Boy. I actually really like Dan Patrick and grew up with him as the face of ESPN's SportsCenter, which he was probably the best anchor. Even though his radio show sometimes gets boring, I know that if I am by a radio and he is on I will undoubtedly listen. I have to say, though, I am kind of glad he is leaving. Not for the fact that ESPN will be better without him, they will not, but he will definitely be better without them.

NEW YORK (AP) - Dan Patrick is leaving ESPN after 18 years, insisting there is no acrimony but saying he was beginning to take his job for granted. The former SportsCenter anchor announced his decision on his radio show Monday and said his final show will be Aug. 17. Patrick said he hoped to continue working in radio but wasn't sure if he would do any more television.

No comments: