Saturday, January 19, 2008

Matt Bonner Mailbox

Matt Bonner recently took time out to answer questions submitted by Spurs E-News subscribers about what life is like on and off the court for a redheaded NBAer from New Hampshire.... just some of the questions here...

Name: Billy Franklin
Location: El Paso, Texas
Question:: Are you still driving that Pontiac?

Matt Bonner: Yes, and specifically it’s a Grand Prix. It’s still kicking butt out there on the streets of San Antonio. I went with it for the decent gas mileage, affordability and excellent leg room in the driver’s seat. It hasn’t let me down.

Name: Vicky
Location: Fresno, CA
Question:: How's that championship ring feel? Do you really wear it?

Matt Bonner: It feels good to win the championship. As a role player in the NBA my personal success is mainly based on the team’s success, so the best achievement for me is the team winning a championship. I do not wear it. I’m too afraid I’ll drop it. Maybe when I’m done playing and go to banquets or formal occasions I’ll wear it.

Name: Dallas Dryden
Location: San Antonio
Question:: First, I appreciate you stepping in and carrying the torch while Tim and Tony were out. Here's my question: Who is the biggest prankster on the team?

Matt Bonner: Manu Ginobili and Brent Barry. Manu is more of the physical funny man and Brent’s more with his tongue, but both of them love the practical jokes. Brent has done the annoying beeping machine. I don’t know what you call it. It’s a little thing you stick somewhere and every few minutes it emits a high frequency beep. Because of the high frequency you can’t tell where in the room it is and you can never find it, so it slowly drives you crazy. Manu’s the king of throwing ice bags at you in the shower and that type of thing.

Name: Mary
Location: Laredo, Texas
Question: Did you get any hassle about your red hair when you were younger? I dated a boy with red hair in high school (many moons ago) and we were always teased.

Matt Bonner: First off, good for you for dating a boy with red hair! I don’t know what it is, but we definitely tend to be ahead of the pack in most areas. The good thing with me when I was growing up was that I was always bigger than everyone else, so most people weren’t trying to anger me in that regard. There was definitely a little bit of teasing, but us redheads can take it…we’re fiery!

No comments: